Sunday, July 11, 2010

Decisions. Decisions.



Last week I was brought with a decision concerning to my academics. I was given the choice between two chef professors to undergo my time as a student in the Careme 350 ( the school's slightly, may I say now kick-ass restaurant). The choices go as follows: 1. Peppy, encouraging, perfectionist, positive, yet moody Chef (only for the fact that she is a woman and may still be under the influence of our monthly curse) or 2. Cynical, Sarcastic, Dark humored, highly expectant, also younger and slightly attractive Chef. Let's just say I went with the one that will more accurately match my learning style, and have something to feast my eyes on besides the delicious decadents I will be preparing.
Having said that. Let's move on to decision numero dos.
I have externship (known to the rest of the world except my slightly weird, wannabe unique school as an internship) offers in both Napa and the North Lake Tahoe area. The Napa would do wonders for my career, but I liked the atmosphere, people and place in the North Lake Tahoe area. Pretty much i'm in a deep hole. I don't know what to go with. I guess the first question I have to first ultimately answer is. Do I want to sell my soul and body to a career, or gradually climb a ladder like the rest of the population (with happiness) to what seems like an exciting and promising career. Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment