Friday, July 30, 2010

Alternator Failure and Free Food


While my parents where out of the country I was stuck with the enviously task of house sitting. Although for all you seventeen year olds out there I know this is a blessing. I had to ride back to the city in time for my evening shift to begin. I'm rocking out loud to Snoop Dog in that Katy Perry's California Gurls song. I know you do it too. Anyways, my radio starts shifting on and off. Totally messing with my groove. Though I do realize something is wrong with my car and get the next exit. My AC turns off. By now I know my lights are next and concluding with my engine coming to a halting stop. Yes, ladies and gentlemen this has happened to me before. I immediately know it's my alternator failing. Don't worry I was able to get out of the freeway. Though I did receive help from somebody, help which landed me on the side of the freeway this time. BUT. I did get a really cool push from those truck highway guys that work for the sheriff department. I felt I was riding in those electronic cars you get when you are little kid and your dad pushes you around when the battery dies. Yes it was that awesome. I got to work, late but I made it yay!
Talking about work. Today one of the clients left before receiving their dessert when their dessert tray was already made. So who do you ask got this tray? ME! Not such a good thing when you get free food all the time. AND. I did share. And yes there was even chocolate. Then again who does not enjoy the free duck, po-boy and or other delicious dishes for free. Right. Sometimes I just love what I do. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment