Monday, November 15, 2010

Taking all Humor Aside.


For all of you who have been keeping up with my short to almost non-existing blog know that I did in fact embark on an externship in the North Lake Tahoe Area a little over 3 months ago.

I am now proud to call myself a permanent resident of the greater Tahoe area! This week is my first paycheck (which please is the most exciting part of getting a job). Although for this week anything that I don't spend on personal responsibilities ex: rent, bills....etc. etc. will go to buying a present for my little sisters birthday. Which is already past and I still have not decided on the present just quite yet. I am a horrible human being. HA!

I have been attending a new church here for the greater part of these past months. Although I can still not accurately state that I have made friends here, I have met some great people at church I can see being friends with in the future. Yes, ladies and gentlemen this is what you call hope for the lonely and pathetic. :D I do get a long grand with my colleagues though but I would like to have friends with a like mind in Christ to spend time with. This is the danger of moving so often, the lonely moments. Though, in the end it's always worth it for the life changing events. The new places you get to explore and the people that will impact and move your heart in ways that were not possible from your little enclosed corner of the world. I just hate having to do all the small talk and gradually growing into a comfortable spot with people. Just get to the point. Hey we should hang out.?!? no? haha. I have known this throws people a little off when you jump into the "lets be friends" phase right away. What can I say, I'm a little too direct at points. Wait, ME direct? never. So to say the least, I miss all my friends! Please, please come visit me.

I do have the staff party for tomorrow to look forward to. Oh the little things that make my month now. Hanging out with people I practically live with and eating free food, all while wearing the same dress I have had in my closet for the past year. Hey! For the moment these are the things I look forward to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment