Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The New Wave of Office Parties

So this office party that I had been looking forward to all week turned out to be a bust. I mean the food was great, the caterers did a great job. I am referring to the constant banter of my co-workers this past few weeks of how they were practicing their dance moves for the party today. Yes, it was lacking spirit and fun. The one co-worker in which I counted on to make it fun and exciting and just plain crazy ended up sitting in his chair for most of the night. What kind of party animal did you say you were? haha. As the picture shows above, there is more action in this picture than there was in the dance floor tonight. Yes a children's nap time would have been a much better use of our time and effort . Throughout the night more people did get up and danced but it was still a pretty pathetic and lame effort. I honestly expected a little more crazy from my co-workers. Oh the disillusion.
Next time. Hopefully. I did end up going by myself to this party and am sort of glad for this. For I would not have wanted to inflict this humiliation and plain disappointment on another person. My co-workers have more energy and put forth more effort in a normal work day. I guess for all intended purposes this is a good thing. :D

2 comments:

  1. HEY! I was dancing more than anyone, except for maybe PB! Where were you? And, yes, it was a work party, after all.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sorry Leslie I should probably have mentioned that we did have one person that made the party worth going. That would be you my dear. :D. Also I was right with you for most of the night!

    ReplyDelete