Thursday, December 29, 2011

I still check to see if my hand makes an L




So I have been extremely busy with work this week. Christmas and New Years and all. We only had 1 day off this uweek which I took to visit my dad. I drove after work on Sunday and got there around 3 in the morning. Woke up early the next day because the family was up and ate Tamales! Yum! Spent a little time with my dad. Him driving "his"bike, it's really mine but that particular bike has been at his house for ever that he has adopted it as his own and does not let anybody else drive "his" bike. Ha! I did however take it from it and took it around the block. He insisted I get off it since I was in a dress and heels and he persisted that my dress rode up too much on a bike. Dads what can you do? Spent quality time with my sister and went to go visit my oldest brother, Emilio and his family. One of the presents I gave one of his kids was a set of 5 different stacks of princess playing cards. So me and the kids started off by playing Go Fish. It was a mean game of Go Fish. My brother wanted to play Burro Empanzado which is a card game in which if you loose you drink. In our case each time you lost you drank a full glass of water! I only lost once. My sister lost 4 times! She definitely got her water intake for the day. :) It was a really fun game and my first time playing it.
From there we continued to visit my next to oldest brother, Ricardo and his family. This is the brother with the 13 year old boy. I always love coming here because his wife is a total housewife and had fresh cookies and my favorite Chai Latte for me! Btw my brother blames me with her ongoing and recent obsession with Soy Chai Latte. Yes, it's totally my fault. ;)  Anyways here I played a round of Sponge Bob dominoes with the kids. This consists of Sponge Bob pictures on the tiles instead of numbers so children can play as well. My two sisters and his family we all played a round of UNO. This was probably the longest ongoing game of UNO I have ever played! It lasted for about 2 hours! No, I did not loose. Actually I was the first one out then continued to get my nephew out. What can I say he knows I have a soft spot with him, him being my first nephew and all. He most definitely takes advantage of the fact. Haha anyways, we watched a movie afterward and I did not end up getting home til about 2 in the morning.
I drove the long 4 hour drive back to my house at 7am only to get here to work an 11 hour shift that most definitely kicked my butt! This whole week is going to be so hectic! I can't wait for it to be over and hoping for next week to be really slow. I could use some slow in my life right about now. Wait next week is next year! Ah! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment