Sunday, February 5, 2012

Who's the Bunn Squeezer!

So have I ever mentioned we have the most awesome family meals! If you are not in the restaurant world and do not understand this reference this is simply stating food for the staff. Family meals. Anyways, Zach bought in some amazing Jack Daniel's home made sausage which we then braised in Beer and Chef made home made hot dog buns. So hot dogs. Dang right. We do it right. The title of this post refers to whomever squeezed those buns before they were ready and was too afraid to admit it when we were all yelling for this cruel misconduct of the hot dog buns. We know you are out there. The truth will eventually come out.
Tonight we had a pizza with an Escoffier bechamel which then was transformed into this garlicky awesome sauce. With chicken, caramelized onions, nuskies bacon (most awesome bacon like EVER), spinach, chicken and of coursed topped off with some provolone cheese. Yumm is right.
Tomorrow, or should I say today is the super bowl!!!
Sadly I'm working. Chef didn't believe me when I told him I might be hospital sick on Sunday. He said he knows where I live and he'd barge in my door.

My reply was "you know there are tv's in a hospital."
Then there was this case of super bowl flu going around work. Really really bad and really contagious.
The front of the house manager Roger asked our boss owner lady if we could have the day off. She said no, but his argument was SOLID. It went something like this.... " so you know we work thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, Mothers Day, Fourth of July you name it we work it, we don't complain and none of us has ever asked to be off because we all know in this industry to expect to work holidays, but the Super Bowl! come one, it's the only day we ask for!" See what I mean SOLID. It's the only day we were all trying to get off. Over Christmas. HA! Gotta love these guys I work for. Btw talking about the guys, I never thought "don't you dare put his self-esteem down, the boy needs confidence" sentence to ever come out of my mouth. I guess I am mother hen.

No comments:

Post a Comment