Monday, January 9, 2012

Cheese

Today at work I got the time to stand around and look pretty. Ha! It is starting to slow down so we didn't have too many customers and there were times when we looked around for something to do. When you are on the move for so long, you can't just stop and smell the roses. You do that after. :) I think we suffer more when it's slow. The waiters today threw one of their dessert orders to the trash. Since they had not told me what to make they had to frantically look everywhere for it. They couldn't remember if it was a flour less chocolate and a cheesecake, or a flour less chocolate cake and a cheese plate. See how this can get confusing. Anyways, they looked in the recycling trash cans for what seems ages. They found nothing. They moved on to the other trash can and found it! Keep in mind that they are been frantically looking for this for a while now. Get this, the paper read, flour less chocolate cake and cheese! Bahahaha! What help that was. So we ended up making all three. So to whoever was in that table. You're welcome. :)
Also during service one of my co-worker was looking for some pliers that I had previously put away during the day. I don't ask questions but I see is trying really hard to cut a piece of a metal hanger. He struggled quite a bit to get the angle just right to make the cut but he gets the job done promptly. I still ask no questions and continue to do my work. A few minutes later he comes back to the kitchen from the dining room and gives Chef a nod that he couldn't get it done. Whatever task he was up to I guess he failed. I'm not really a curious person, well not when it comes to peoples task or personal business. After we were already cleaned up and almost ready to go home I read the note that my co-worker left on the table for the owners to see in the morning. By this time the only people in the kitchen is me and Zach (my co-worker). The first sentence of the letter says "The door to the bathroom got locked accidentally." HAHA I laughed out loud and comment, he mentions this is why he was trying to cut the hanger. I understand but I got check out the situation for myself. Indeed the bathroom door is locked. Poor customers! I come back a minute or two later and happily announce as I'm putting a bobby pin on my hair "it's open." He looks at me with an amused look and says "I should've just asked you." HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment