Monday, January 2, 2012

Clean Fryer Oil Makes Me Happy




So this was my snack at work today. Brie cheese with some raspberries and crust-inis made from our homemade sourdough bread.



So...... Busiest time of the year! Just finished! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the holidays are past and I will hopefully be able to catch up on sleep and rest! Everyone is completely stoked! We were joking today at work, but not really, one of my co-workers was saying how he could NOT do another day at work. I replied with "I definitely could if it was an 8 hour work day." My other co-worker replied "8 hour work day! what is that? and yes definitely if it was only an 8 hour work day." We have all slaved during this past week. I have not had a day of rest. For a long time. So right now starts the beginning of my 3 day off weekend! My co-worker said " Don't take it personal but I don't want any of you calling me. I don't want to see any of you. I love you all but I'll see you Thursday." Ditto. :) So, I made a stop to Safeway before arriving home. Frozen Pizza-check, chips-check, bag of gummy worms-check, sodas in the fridge-check, frozen dinners in the fridge-check, soup cans-check, not having to leave my apartment for the next few days-check. I want to be as lazy as possible and not have to go further than my kitchen! Ah sweet sweet bed! I added new things to my Netflix queue yesterday before going to work. You know just getting ready for the impending moment where I'd have to time to watch it. So don't take it too personal but........... I might just say no when you ask me to go out for coffee. I just hope I don't have any nightmares where Chef is calling off for amuses and intermezzos. You have those when you work as much as we do. Dreams about work. Then you wake up and go to work. Come home from work and go to sleep. See a pattern here? Ah! I don't have to think about that for another 3 days! It really is the little things. Like sleep. Movies. Chips. Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment