Monday, March 26, 2012

Dreams that continue...

A sad part of this life is that people come and go. I'm not simply talking about their physical bodies but their spirits. People die. That's reality. People mourn. That's healing. We see all the time of amazing people passing on. People with goals, vision and passion. So is the case with a young woman named Anabel Reid former student of ACU who passed on Nov 4 of last year. I did not know this young woman personally but have heard her story through my alma mater. We at ACU are a family and like so we stick together through the tough and thin. Her dream was to bring clean water to the world. A big problem facing our world today. I will not claim to know a lot about this or having a passion for it myself but I will say that it is an admiral dream. It is a dream that moves you. It is a dream that makes you admire a person. A dream that makes you mourn for a beautiful soul that was lost even though you yourself have never met them. ACU currently had a fundraiser to help her favorite charity, to carry off where she left off.  Her dream will certainly carry on. I believe she moved and touched enough people to want to do so. If not for the dream then for the girl. If not for the girl then for the dream.

I was moved by this and further questioning what I stand for and what I am doing to change this world for the better. What will people say and write about me if at this moment I too passed from this world. The truth to that would be not much. What people already know about me. Adventurous spirit. Indecisive nature. Follower of Christ. To add to this there needs to be a change in my life. I too want to change the world. I too am naive enough to believe that one person can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment