Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ran into some Wildcats in their honeymoon here in Tahoe

Yesterday at the restaurant one of the waiters, Tim, brought a couple back for me to do a cantaloupe caviar demonstration for them.
Me: Hi come on in, step up on back here
Girl: It's our first time here
Guy: Everything is fantastic we love it all
Girl: It is our first time in Tahoe
Me: (looking outside at the hail) Where are you guys from?
Girl: Seattle, we are here on our honeymoon

We continue to talk about the weather and I continue with my demonstration.

Me: Zach, you know those people that you get a feeling you know or look really familiar but you can't place them?
Zach: Yeah that happens to me all the time
Me: Yeah you know that guy that came back here, he looked familiar
Zach: Must have one of those faces
Me: Yeah must remind me of someone else

It keeps on bothering me though. I go to their table.

Me: I'm sorry but this is kind of weird but you look familiar. Perhaps ACU?

They flip out. Apparently both of them went to ACU and we were in the same entering class. They were from the theatre department though and well I don't even know where that is on campus. Campus is not that big. I didn't look familiar to them but him being in some of the school plays explains why I would recognize him.

Small world! I run into some wildcats from Seattle, WA in Truckee, CA on their honeymoon and we went to school together in Abilene, TX ! How wild is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment